Here are some of the logistics for the day:
Saturday, Sept 24 - Rutgers Band day!
11:00am – Report to WDHS/Load
11:30am – Depart for RU
1:00pm – Arrive/Unload
1:30pm – Registration
2:00pm – Rehearsal
7:00pm – Kickoff
10:00pm – Game ends
10:30pm – Depart for WDHS
12:00am – Arrive at WDHS/Unload
12:15am – Dismissed
Day Schedule of events:
Each participating HS will rehearse with the MSK (Marching Scarlet Knights) and then follow the MSK throughout the day including:
- all pre-game festivities
- the march into the stadium
- watching pregame from the stands
- participating in the stands for the game
- joining the MSK on the field for halftime performance
Uniform for the Day: Students, directors and staff will receive a RU Band Day t-shirt upon arrival. We will wear this shirt throughout the day as our uniform, as this will dress us "in uniform" with the RU Marching Band and allow for us to pass quickly through security in the stadium with MSK.
Section Specific Updates:
- Drumline: battery will play and parts will be sent this week
- Color Guard: guard will perform and will need to bring a flag. Video with choreography will be sent by this Friday
- Drum Majors: drum majors should plan to play an instrument for the halftime performance
- Pit: our suggestion for pit is to have them play secondary instruments within the band and not the pit.
All students, directors, and staff will receive a food voucher for concessions courtesy of RU Bands! We do highly suggest that all bring water with them to the morning rehearsal.